Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Titanium Lug Adapters for the Citizen Promaster Professional Diver Autozilla

After the rubber strap failures on my Seiko Prospex Emperor Tuna (see: http://easternwatch.blogspot.my/2016/09/omg-moment-seiko-prospex-emperor-tuna.html) and Bell & Ross BR02-92 (see: http://westernwatch.blogspot.my/2016/10/an-omg-moment-rubber-strap-failure-of.html) I got really concerned with the rest of the other rubber strapped watches in my collection. When the rubber straps of those watches fail, it should not be difficult to find another strap (definitely not rubber!) as replace except for one watch. This watch is my Citizen Promaster Autozilla (see: http://easternwatch.blogspot.my/2013/12/citizen-promaster-autozilla-1000m.html).


The Citizen Autozilla has a unique lug attachment to the rubber strap. This means, it is not possible to get third-party straps as replacement. However, there is a way to get around this – Titanium Lug Adapters. There are companies out there that specializes the manufacturing of lug adapters to the Citizen Autozilla. These adapters allow a standard strap to be fitted to the watch.



I was able to find one that is rather affordable from eBay. The item was from a merchant in USA and it is made in Japan. For USD60 (inclusive of USD5 for courier), I get the lugs as well as a free gift of a 24 mm Nato band strap. At the moment I don’t need to use it. In it goes into my parts drawers waiting for the day it will be called for duty.


Honestly buying third-party products as replacements for parts in my watch collection is not something normal to me. Generally, I prefer my watches to be stock, to give the authenticity to the collection. However, in this case, trying to get a replacement strap from Citizen may not be simple exercise since the Autozilla (the quart version is called the Ecozilla) are unique models. It stands to reason parts may not be well stocked and it could take months, if not longer, to get it (hopefully Citizen still have such a thing in stock!!). If Citizen can’t deliver, at least I already got a proxy in hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CONTRIBUTE FOR THE UPKEEP OF THIS BLOG

Any contributions is appreciated!